Progress map - Click on "See Bigger Map" below picture for details.

Monday 1 February 2010

What a week!




Hello. Its been about a week since my first post - and what a week it has been. Those of you with eagle eyes will see a Sponsors and links area on the right - which has a link in it (the text, not the pic)! That's right blog watchers, I have a sponsor. The great thing about Vedett is their mantra that everyone has a chance to be famous for a day, to be in the limelight and to be out there. Click on the link and you can upload your photos to them and you might find your mug shot on the labels!




I will be doing just that with all my polar gear on! If published I will buy a crate of it to drink at the North Pole!

I have been asked to be interviewed by the local newspaper - the Richmond and Twickenham times. I will post how I get on and when it will be published. I have been confident that this race will gather a lot of media attention. and although it is a year off it seems to be true already.

Other meetings during the week have been positive and I may well be testing Notebook technology in the sub zero temperatures. Communications are important if I am to be able to continue my blog from the frozen North! This decision, plus a few others will be made during the week so please wish me luck. If you have any suggestions then please drop me a comment below!

I have been asked to provide updates of my training as I go along. Its less than two weeks to my first 10K race proper, so I ran 13k last week to ensure I would be OK. I was, but only just and I need to plan my training a bit better to make the most out of it. With limited time on my hands I seem to be getting out when I can and running for as long as I can before its to time go to work, or time to go to bed! I think structure is the key so any thoughts from experts out there would help!

This week brings more running, a meeting at a gym re training, the interview with the paper and I will be contacting more possible sponsors.

Thanks again to Vedett for agreeing a sponsorship package - and please click on the link on the right, or even better - order it when you are next in a bar or off licence!

Quote for the week:

Shirley McLaine once said: "I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself ... and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part."

Until next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rob - Great start and great site. If you make it my way (Teddington) and want to run and/or kayak at any time let me know and I would be happy to partner you. Cheers Andy

Post a Comment