Progress map - Click on "See Bigger Map" below picture for details.

Saturday 13 February 2010

The Love Run!


Hi - Today I took part in the Love Run for Action Duchenne, a 10K race in Battersea Park. The route was 4 laps of the park in a light flurry of snow (Good practice), with about 400 other runners. My time? Well, I was aiming publicly to finish in under an hour, but secretly thought that sub 50 minutes was a proper goal. I finished in 48m, 27 secs! Very pleasing! Currently sat with a bottle of cold beer (watching the France v Ireland rugby) that I feel I certainly deserve! Although not fast, it is not bad for me! (Almost 14 stone, 36 year old with a weakness for food and wine!).

I must admit to be enjoying this year long training campaign as no sooner as I had finished the race, I had my sight set on the next milestone which is the Hastings Half marathon in five weeks. Its double the distance so I will have to up my training runs, and also must continue to get my strength up in the gym.

For those of you who do not know about the Action Duchenne charity, please have a look at the link on the right.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh Rob what a challenge.
Doesn't sound like you'll be much fun anymore.
No wonder your not coming to my 40th!

No seriously I'll be keeping an eye on your progress, see you at the after party. Love to the family.
xxx

Philip said...

Muscular Dystrophy is something worthy of raising money for. And good practice for getting into shape as well. I usually donate money for it every year during the Jerry Lewis Telethon for Muscular Dystrophy. And it is a good time too.
Good luck on the next run as well.
(BTW, who won, France or Ireland?)

Bebie said...

Hi Rob,

Things are beginning to happen for you, aren't they? It's good to hear.

You've asked for tips on diet for the training you're doing. Have you considered a vegetarian diet for strength and endurance? Would you be interested in reading about the diets of a few famous Australians? Cliff Young and Ron Grant were long-distance runners - I mean around the country, and Ron even ran through Death Valley in California.

I searched: are ron grant and cliff young long distance runners vegeterian.
also: is pat cash tennis player vegetarian

Just a thought.

Sunshine Coat, Qld. Aus.

Post a Comment