Progress map - Click on "See Bigger Map" below picture for details.

Friday 12 February 2010

The night before and some good news!


Evening all (or morning, depending on your longitude!). This week has flown by with astonishing speed. We have some great news in that Computacenter have offered sponsorship and support. As my employer, they are allowing me a sabbatical to take part in the race, and to come back to a job afterwards, which is a relief! I am also to be getting technology support with the all important communications. There has also been a discussion about the creation of a website, and to make the whole web / blog usage more interactive and exciting! Its really good news to be able to put another link on the right hand side!

Another area of excitement is that an article was published this morning in the Richmond and Twickenham times. It is exciting to see myself in print, but the main effect it had is how real this adventure has become. Once it was just an idea, and now a well read local paper is encouraging people to read this blog and to keep up with my training progress, and that I will be spotted in the local parks dragging car tyres behind me! I have my own spare tyres, but hopefully these will go!

I have been inducted at Pools in the Park and have managed two sessions down there. I have been put through my paces on developing core strengh and have been on fitness machines I never knew existed, working on muscles I never know existed! The gym has been a welcome break to the late night or early morning runs, or I should say addition as I have to do them both.

It is the night before my first planned race. I am running in a 10K race in Battersea Park, London called the Love Run (Valentines weekend .....). It is for the Action Duchenne Charity which I am pleased to be supporting. The plan is to complete it in less than an hour which should be achievable. I am really using it as a measurement to my fitness, and how I progress moving forward. Fingers crossed for me!

If anyone has tips on diet for the sort of training I am doing, or can point me to other blogs I would appreciate it. Tonight I had steamed salmon with pasta and a cherry tomatoes sauce - tasted healthy at least....

I better go and relax before tomorrow (excuses I know) so thanks again for reading - and thanks to http://www.Computacenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment