Progress map - Click on "See Bigger Map" below picture for details.

Monday 17 January 2011

Tense lats and a steady head!


I have now enlisted the help of a personal trainer - Stu.  With 12 weeks to go,  I want to concentrate on the main areas that I need help on.  The problem was that without the input of an expert,  I had no idea where I was lacking! We have had one session so far which was more of a fitness test (although I have no idea if I passed!) and will be having two sessions per week until the off.  I have been introduced to kettle bells, superman and parts of my own body that I swear have been hibernating for the last 37 years. My lats are tense apparently but the good news is my head does not flop about when running.  I am no biologist but surely that is because it is attached to my neck?

This is in addition to my normal regime of excercise, so to my surprise, Stu was standing in the reception of my gym (Pools in the Park) when I arrived this moring at 6.30 after running from home with my work clobber on my back. I had already done my cardio for the day (the run) so I am still surprised that he managed to pursuade me to join the spinning class he was hosting - and even more surprised that I then did a twenty minute session of "Abs" afterwards.  I now feel it, but also feel pretty good.

This week will also see the start of me walking to work.  This may sound simple but work is 12 miles away so I will be leaving home at 5.00am twice a week. Why on earth did I sign up for this thing!!!! I will update you with further progress as and when.  I have recently bought a digital video camera so you may even get some action shots.

Stu has kindly donated a proportion of my sessions as sponsorship - so welcome to the list of Sponsors Stu and see you tomorrow at 6.30am again!

No comments:

Post a Comment